- This event has passed.
Let’s Explore… Mixed media
August 14 2022 @ 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Like all of our “Let’s Explore…” days, this is a day for us to play and learn from each other. No one person is “the teacher”. The main idea is to have the opportunity to spend time with like-minded people doing the “arty textile things” we all enjoy!
Please feel free to bring whatever you want to work on if you don’t want to play around with mixed media.
A day to mix it up!
Many textile artists use different media in their work to create texture and interest. The media used can range from textile inks and dyes, acrylic paints, crayons and pastels, printing techniques, papers, natural and man-made found objects, and recycled materials.
- A Google search will reveal great images and inspiration!
- This article on 5 mixed media artists by TextileArtist.org is particularly good for ideas of materials other artists use.
- The images below show the mixed media approach by some of Stitching and Beyond’s members.
Have you worked with mixed media? For this day to be a success, please bring along previous experiments or samples to share any experience you have.
Haven’t done this before? Come along with what you have to explore. People are always generous and will help fill in the gaps of knowledge or materials.
What more can we say except please come along to experiment and play with other members!
Suggestions on what to bring
- A firm brayer (if you have one) or foam roller
- Paint brushes
- Masking tape
- Textile or acrylic paints (if you have them)
- Something to protect your work area
- Hand stitching supplies
- Any other materials or stuff you’d like to experiment with!
- $15 fee payable on the day (you can do a direct deposit if you don’t have cash)
- Lunch and tea/coffee makings (there are places to buy food and drink close by)
Stitching and Beyond will provide
- Printing inks in primary colours + black and white
- A couple of sewing machines for group use
Please note: non-members will need to join us to be covered by insurance.