Stitching and Beyond began as a small group of textile artists after a 2005 quilting exhibition. Since then, our membership has grown to more than 100 textile artists of diverse backgrounds and skills, from all regions of Tasmania and further afield. New members, whether they be professional artists or novices, are welcome.
Our members are passionate about fabrics, fibre and threads, colour and texture. We share ideas, knowledge and techniques collected over many years from varying backgrounds, support each other in our textile quests, and showcase fibre and textile art in all forms at our popular biennial exhibition Out of Hand.
Through the passion and work of its members, Stitching and Beyond hopes to encourage the broader community to take up needles, threads, fabric and any kind of fibre.
Members gather together twice each month on a Monday morning and a Thursday evening to find out the latest textile happenings, have a chat and share their latest projects. Those interested in joining our group are always welcome to come along.
We organise a range of experienced international, national and Tasmanian tutors to facilitate workshops for our financial members. Our workshop offerings are diverse, ranging from traditional to the latest contemporary fibre and textile art techniques, and are extremely popular with our membership.
WHY JOIN US?
As a financial member of our group, you will enjoy:
- exclusive access to a number of quality workshops each year
- regular opportunities to show and share work with like-minded others
- invitation to exhibit and sell work in Stitching and Beyond’s biennial Out of Hand exhibition, with no entry fee and no commission charged on sales
- entry at no cost to our Annual Challenge travelling exhibition of Tasmania
- regular textile news updates
- complimentary listing of personal art-based website, blog or social media link on our website
For more information about Stitching and Beyond, please join us at one of our gatherings, peruse the gallery or contact us.