- This event has passed.
Let’s Explore… Creative stitch techniques
October 16 2022 @ 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Like all of our “Let’s Explore…” days, this is a day for us to play and learn from each other. No one person is “the teacher”. The main idea is to have the opportunity to spend time with like-minded people doing the “arty textile things” we all enjoy!
Please feel free to bring whatever you want to work on if you don’t want to explore stitching techniques.
A day to explore your creativity in stitch
Come along, bring all your gear and let’s enjoy a stitch day (or anything else you feel like doing)! There’s lots of room at the Kingston Women’s Club Rooms, always lots of discussion and great company.
- A Google search on “creative stitching” will reveal great images and inspiration!
- TextileArtist.org is particularly good for ideas of techniques and threads other artists use.
- There are many fabulous books available on stitching techniques, below is just a small sample.
- Stitching and Beyond member, Bridget, has kindly shared images of some of her stitch techniques.
Materials to bring
- favourite stitch books/online sources
- stitch projects of any kind, finished and unfinished
- favourite threads, needle books, pincushions and all those other stitch essentials/collections
- inspiration sources
- stitch questions
- $15 fee payable on the day (you can do a direct deposit if you don’t have cash)
- Lunch and tea/coffee makings (there are places to buy food and drink close by)
Have you used interesting stitch techniques? For this day to be a success, please bring along previous experiments or samples to share any experience you have.
Haven’t done this before? Come along with what you have to explore. People are always generous and will help fill in the gaps of knowledge or materials.
What more can we say except come along and enjoy escaping for a session with like minded textile aficionados.
Please note: non-members will need to join us to be covered by insurance.