Regular Let’s Explore Sundays
January 1 2023 @ 10:00 AM - December 31 2023 @ 3:00 PM
What is a Let’s Explore day?
Our “Let’s Explore” days are just that…a day for members to play, explore and learn from each other. No one person is “the teacher”. The main idea is to have the opportunity to spend time with like-minded people doing the “arty textile things” we all enjoy!
Each month we will have a main idea or theme to explore, however please feel free to bring whatever you want to work on if you prefer. Any financial Stitching and Beyond member is welcome to join KWC (see instructions below) and take part in our Sundays at no extra cost.
Where and when are Let’s Explore days?
- Kingborough Women’s Clubrooms (KWC), Kingston Beach, 10am – 3pm. Come for the day or just a couple of hours to enjoy exploring together!
How to find Kingborough Women’s Club Rooms
- Let’s Explore days occur the Sunday immediately preceding the monthly Monday gathering. The 2023 schedule is:
15 January – Gelli Printing
19 February – Stitched Rocks
19 March – Upcycled Collage and Stitch Book
16 April – Stitching a Map or Pathway
14 May – Responding to Materials
18 June – Building Stitch Surfaces (option to work on Challenge, Lightbox or Out of Hand entries)
16 July – Social Stitch (option to work on Lightbox or Out of Hand entries)
20 August – Texture in Stitch (option to work on Lightbox or Out of Hand entries)
17 September – Layers and Scraps
15 October – TBA
19 November – TBA
10 December – TBA
How to join KWC and attend our regular Sundays.
- Any financial Stitching and Beyond member who is also a member of the Kingborough Women’s Club (KWC) ($20 until June 30, then $40 per annum) is welcome to join our monthly Sundays at no extra cost.
- If you aren’t already a KWC member you can apply here then scan or photograph your form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “KWC Application” in the header.
Alternatively, you could bring the form on the day.
- Once we reply to your email, then please make payment directly to KWC.
The cost is $20 (pro rata) 1 January to 30 June 2023, and at the end of June, a further $40 each financial year.